If you have been using a Digital Marketing Strategy to sell your goods or services but not seeing much growth, this article will definitely help you with the step-by-step approach of building a winning digital marketing plan.
Whether you are first getting started on your business or have been working for a while, one of your main focuses is how you can gain more customers. You could potentially be looking into more traditional forms of advertising, like print media, billboards, commercials, etc. BUT There is a wide variety of ways for your business to start making its digital footprint. By using Digital Marketing you have the ability to expand on how many potential customers you can reach. This can be done in numerous ways that are not only cost-effective but also measurable.
Why Digital Marketing?
Create a targeted audience
Increase your brand awareness with your customers
Gain access to customers who primarily use their mobile devices
Drive more traffic to your company website
Increase customer retention
Businesses today are using a large range of digital marketing strategies to increase their visibility and market share. Marketing has really changed from traditional marketing tactics, e.g., advertising to marketing with the help of search engines, social media, content marketing, and many more. The most obvious advantage of digital marketing is the growth of overall conversion rates. Digital marketing increases customer feedback and engagement. Moreover, digital marketing helps improve the lead conversion rate.
Digital marketing offers one of the best ways to deliver relevant content. Therefore, this is the right time to take advantage of digital marketing. You can boost your sales and gain more customers by starting a digital marketing campaign.
Types of digital marketing
Let’s look at each:
Customer Segmentation – Finding the best customers with the best potential for conversion.
Finding the best customers with the best potential for conversion. Targeted Advertising – Identifying the best customer for each ad.
Identifying the best customer for each ad. Push – Putting the right content in front of the right customer.
Putting the right content in front of the right customer. Personalization – Tailoring content to the preferences of the best customers.
Now let’s take a look at each one in some detail.
The first thing to do when you’re building a content marketing plan is to choose your target market, segment them into segments, and use them to create audience personas. These personas will be the best customers for your content.
Using A/B testing and other tools to test audiences makes it very easy to segment your target market. You can send traffic to particular segments to see what happens. You can test different messages and focus groups on different segments. You can target these groups with different types of content. You can create landing pages for different audiences.
If you go this route, don’t use any automated tools. Create your audience personas by using high-quality, real-life customer interviews. Identify the questions that the customers in your target market will be answering, then record the answers. Test them on actual customers.
You can use different methods for segmentation, and they don’t need to all be people, but they will depend largely on your industry.
For example, with a jewelry company, you might segment your audience based on geography (or even your particular city). This can give you a good idea of where your target audience is based. You can also segment based on your industry.
Using these methods, you’ll be able to create audience personas and give them personality to differentiate them from the rest of the page. Then, when you’re creating your content, your audience personas will be the best to deliver your message to.
The second step to creating effective content marketing is to send the right content to the right customers at the right time. This can be done using several tools, including:
A/B testing – This is the use of A/B testing to generate test-drive versions of content or marketing campaigns to see which version is more effective.
– This is the use of A/B testing to generate test-drive versions of content or marketing campaigns to see which version is more effective. Social Media – This is creating content in a social media format. For example, you could create a social media page for your company, and create a video to help you market it. You can then measure how effective the videos are. You can do the same with ads and push notifications.
– This is creating content in a social media format. For example, you could create a social media page for your company, and create a video to help you market it. You can then measure how effective the videos are. You can do the same with ads and push notifications. Visual Content – This is using images and videos in order to convey information. This can be an effective method if you’re trying to be engaging.
– This is using images and videos in order to convey information. This can be an effective method if you’re trying to be engaging. Email Campaigns – This is sending an email to your best customers at the time you know they’re most likely to be interested in your products or services. This can be accomplished with a series of emails.
– This is sending an email to your best customers at the time you know they’re most likely to be interested in your products or services. This can be accomplished with a series of emails. Mobile Responsive Content – This is making your content mobile-friendly and using responsive design techniques to make sure that the content works on mobile devices.
– This is making your content mobile-friendly and using responsive design techniques to make sure that the content works on mobile devices. App – Using an app to create or sell your product can allow you to target your audience on mobile devices.
The use of these tools, and others, will allow you to deliver content to your customer at the right time. You can even target each of your audience personas based on their activities and interests.
Ultimately, this is the method that will allow you to create the content that your audience is most likely to engage with. The types of content you’re creating will be based on the needs, wants, and interests of your customers.
Ensure you’re not just creating content to reach a mass audience but to create something that your audience really wants.
Strategic PR and Social Media Strategy
Now that you’ve created your content, you’ll need to communicate it to the right audience. The way to do this is by using the proper platforms to send your message to your audience. This can be done by using a marketing automation platform that will send your messages to each of your audience personas based on the actions they take and the purchase decisions they make.
The social media aspect of this can be done by creating a custom Twitter handle for each of your audience personas, using Facebook and Instagram, and using a marketing automation platform to create a series of newsletters, SMS text messages, push notifications, and emails for each of your targeted customers.
Promoting Your Content to the Right Audience
Getting your audience to share your content can be challenging if you don’t have the right social media platforms in place. The following social media networks are especially important to watch.
Social Network of Choice
When people are online, they tend to be on one of the following social media networks
Instagram (on both Android and iOS)
YouTube (with autoplay videos)
Instagram (with square videos)
Now that you know the social media networks that are important for promoting your content, it’s time to get serious and figure out how to get your content in front of your audience.
A single Facebook post can reach an audience of more than 100 million people. The engagement rate is also excellent, with each person that sees your content liking, commenting, sharing, or commenting again within 24 hours.
Here are some ways you can get your content in front of your audience:
Send free newsletters to your audience
Use Facebook’s advertising program
Place ads on Facebook and Instagram
Create video advertisements on Facebook
Use Facebook’s feed
Engage with your audience on social media by responding to posts and liking posts
Use organic outreach
Run a contest on Facebook
Don’t forget to search for keywords related to your content. This is an effective way to build an audience.
Geotag your posts on your page to your company location
Add ALT text to your images